CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Who Needs a Dust Collecting Trophy?

Thank goodness that all Roadshows must come to an end. Thankfully, we had such a great time that we were not phased (well, maybe a little bit) by the lack of winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. I guess you could say we tied for 4th place along with 3 other wards. We did receive the best audience response, but unfortunately, the judges must have been watching from an alternate universe. I am so proud of my cast...from my country girls as young as 7 years old being brave enough to dance in front of a packed cultural hall, to my awesome disco boys who brought the house down, my enthusiastic speaking characters (who don't want me to tell them to be loud and cheesy any more), and my sock hop couples who learned how to swing dance, flips and all, despite having to bring their very little kids to every rehearsal.
I'm not sure what to think about the whole experience myself. It was full of emotional highs and lows and there are some things that I will miss about doing it. I love theater, so in some ways this was great fun for me, but I don't need anymore competition in my life, seeing as I'm hard enough on myself as it is. I hope that my cast feels like they accomplished something and gave a performance that they can be proud of and pleased with even though the judges didn't quite agree. Part of me feels like I let them down by not giving them an award-winning Road Show opportunity. But like Mike keeps reminding me, it's all a matter of opinion, not very scientific that's for sure. Besides, who needs a dust collecting trophy?

No comments: