CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

We HEART Kindergarten!






10 years, give or take a day or two, after I began my college career, my oldest child began her adventure in elementary school . We, of course, know that she is brilliant and talented, but she is also extremely eager to show off her mad skills in the realm of formal education. I can't believe that my baby girl is now a kindergartener, but she has been ready and willing for a long time now...so that makes the transition a little smoother. Our daily routines are changing and I can sense that the structure will help me be a better mom. Rachael is doing great with school. She loves it, just like I did when I was her age. She has learned some really fun songs, and my favorite has been her performance of "The Button Factory." (instead of "Joe" working at the button factory, she sings, "Hi, my name is JEAN..." and says it's really true since that is her middle name.) I was thrilled when she came home after 1 week of school with an award for knowing all of her letters and sounds. She is even excited to do her homework...although I know that one won't last, I'll enjoy it while I can!




2 comments:

Kristy said...

She looks so cute! It is so fun when they start school. It is like you can see their minds expanding right in front of you! She is totally cute!

Stephanie said...

What a cute outfit! It looks like she's off to a great start. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she has brilliant parents. ;D Hope you had a happy birthday, Jen! Love ya.