It's been about 4 years since we've had snow, and this week before Christmas we were excited to have a snow day. Rachael stayed home from school because she was feeling sick during the night, but somehow the sight of all that white stuff falling from the sky must have cured her...She was the first to get bundled up to go outside and play. School was canceled mid-day, and also today, and in fact, all the events of this busy week are suddenly being canceled. This is bittersweet, as I am not done Christmas shopping, had to miss Book Club (again!), Spencer will miss Santa's visit to preschool, and the Stake Bishopric/wives party is canceled so I actually have to cook dinner tonight :(
On a more positive note, the snow is beautiful. It is really fun to watch the kids get excited about playing outside together. Mike was totally in his element as well (those 2 Minnesota winters, plus our years at BYU must have really had their effect). Spencer loved making and throwing snowballs, and Rachael directed the buiding of her ideal snowman. I felt relieved because just the other day Rachael told me that she had never seen a snowman in real life & I instantly felt concern that I was not providing her with proper life experiences. Luke was in awe and had fun watching all the action from my arms. What a great way to celebrate the Christmas Season...playing in the snow together!

3 comments:
I was wondering if ya'll would get snow. I am impressed that Michael can make bricks of snow to build a fort.
Is it gone yet?
So fun! I like Mike's little fort. And you look awesome! Love the hat, too! ;)
I love the snow fort! You are so cute to worry about the proper life experiences. I wonder the same thing all of the time! I am glad that you guys had fun in the snow!
Post a Comment