So, I rarely find that anything funny happens at well-child check-ups with kids. I've been not feeling well & insanely busy lately, and although Spencer isn't 5 until July, he needed his kindergarten check-up so I could complete the registration process. After a run-in with an office lady at the school, I am relieved to have it done. She wasn't very nice to me, but that is another story.
I got to the appointment on time, first thing in the morning, only to discover that I had not brought my debit/credit card. It seems that in my exhaustion the night before, as I was filling the car with gas at 9pm with kids that needed to be in bed, I forgot that I had put it in my pocket. Of course, I was wearing a different pair of jeans. Luckily, Mike came to my rescue, and saved the day, since I was $3 short in cash for the copay.
Spencer was really great through out the appointment. He knew shots were coming, but he didn't dwell on it. He followed all the directions and I was really proud of him. The doctor was asking developmental questions & started to question Spencer about opposites. My favorite was "If soup is HOT, then ice cream is..." Spencer said, "GOOD!" Then he corrected himself to say COLD. The final round was, "If mommy is a WOMAN, then your daddy is..." Spencer enthusiastically said, "A BISHOP!"
I am so thankful for Spencer's comic relief in the middle of this stressful week. He's pretty awesome.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Kids are the best, life is deffinately more entertaining with the things they say!
LOL Love it! That's a smart kid! How was he supposed to know that he was getting SAT questions?
Post a Comment