CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Little Daddy

Spencer has finally formed an attachment to something (inanimate). It seems to have taken forever, yet I am delighted just the same. It is adorable. Ironically, he has slept with a crocodile, a brown bear, a dog, and a blue blanket for months and yet these are not so dear to his heart as his Baby. He adopted a baby doll from Rachael's collection and is proving to be a very devoted little daddy. He even ate breakfast with Baby today...he protested at my attempt to move the doll out of his booster chair, and so (since I fully support his attachment and shamelessly encourage it) I put a little bib on Baby and they ate together.
I suppose that's what happens when a little boy has an older sister, but I don't remember my brothers being attached to dolls. Landon had a stuffed dog, and Jimmy had a plastic sword.
Spencer's new tricks aside from "fatherhood" are also tons of fun. He does a great dog impression, complete with howls and panting. And his one word vocabulary ("more") has evolved slightly. He now says "hi" "uh" and "wow." He loves electronics, anything with buttons and/or cords. He is fascinated by the plug and play Star Wars game. He gets mad when Mike leaves for work, but the second he hears the garage door openning, he stops everything, raises his hands above his head and runs with a big grin to the door (I wonder who taught him that?)More than once he has fallen in his haste. When he sees his cousin Chloe, they can't wait to embrace (yesterday they were reaching their hands through the bars of our gate as I was trying to open it) and they talk excitedly to each other in an unknown language. Us moms are in awe that at under 2 years old these kids are capable of being so fond of each other and that they actually play together cooperatively instead of just side-by-side.
He is so much fun and growing so fast. The second child is much different than the first...yesterday Rachael and Spencer were playing together and I thought of Rachael when she was his age and how she loved to be with other kids. She probably won't have memories of any loneliness, but neither will Spencer because he is growing up right behind her and loves it, I think. If he didn't have a big sister, he would probably miss out on having a doll house and a pretend kitchen to play with. Yeah, I guess he is a pretty domesticated little boy, but we love him to pieces!

No comments: