It seems nearly impossible to keep up with everything that has been going on lately. Mike and I went to LA last Saturday to see the production of Wicked. Mike's cousin, Heather had seen the show on Broadway last year during her choir tour to New York and loved it. So Mike's aunt, Anita invited all of us to join in and purchase group tickets. There were 22 of us altogether (and after the show we all managed to squeeze into a corner of a Chili's restaurant for the longest dinner of our lives).
It was so much fun! This was one of the first musical productions that I've seen without previously knowing and loving the music. I was really captivated by the entire production, and surprised to have songs going through my head for days afterward. It was such a fun show, I would definitely recommend going to see it.
I am amazed that even after so many years (at least 7 if you don't count my student teaching) since I performed on stage, I still get a certain thrill about being in a theater and watching a production like this one. It is especially poignant during curtain call, and I can't help but be emotional about it. I guess it might be because of a sense of empathy with the actors and knowing a little bit about all of the emotion and energy that goes into performing... knowing you did well, and knowing, through the sound of applause, that perhaps your performance had an impact on others. Somehow I know that I will never forget that there is something magical about theatre and though I've chosen a different life, that dream will always be part of me.

1 comment:
I am glad you got a chance to see Wicked. I want to so badly. My friend introduced Chamrie and me to the music, and we love it!
Post a Comment