CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Major Breakthrough

Last week, I took the kids to the local Farmer's Market. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun. It was there at that Farmer's Market on this fateful Thursday morning, that what I considered to be impossible became possible. Rachael shocked me with the desire to see the ponies at the pony ride booth. We watched solemnly as a few kids enjoyed their rides. I nearly doubled over with shock when Rachael told me that she wanted to ride a pony! I was amused and severely doubtful that this proposed pony ride would actually occur...
As I prepared to pay the lady, I anticipated the moment of inevitable "freak-out because all animals are terrifying & like to eat unsuspecting little girls." My shock tripled when my own daughter (or was it an impostor?) walked calmly into the corral and allowed the lady to lift her into the saddle and buckle her in. I watched with Spencer as the ride began, waiting for the scream that never came. It was wonderful. I was nearly as proud as I was the first day she went potty in the toilet! Spencer and I made a spectacle of ourselves by waving enthusiastically and calling her name when she past by us. Just once, Rachael mustered up the courage to release one of her hands from it's grip on the saddle horn and give us a wave and a smile. That pony ride was worth every penny of the $5 I spent.

No comments: