*What is his name? Michael Edwin Casady
*How long have you been together? We'll have our 7 year wedding anniversary in November.
*How long did you date? 9 months before we became officially engaged (an eternity in BYU standard time) We were engaged for 3 1/2 long months before we were married
*Who eats more? Mike, who has a metabolism faster than a cheetah can run, I am the one with a sweet tooth though...I am more particular about where I spend my calories (it has to be good chocolate), but Mike will eat anything disguised as food
*Who said I love you first? I did, dang it. I was really hoping it would be him.
*Who is taller? Mike
*Who is smarter? We're pretty even on this one, but we use opposite sides of our brains. As an engineer he's all left brained, as an actress in a former life, I'm the creative right brained one
*Who does the laundry? I try to, but sometimes if I'm behind he sneaks around and does it for me. Plus I hate putting the clean clothes away (I don't know why this seems like so much work to me) so he usually helps out with that part
*Who does the dishes? He does, but sometimes if he's behind, I'll sneak around and do it for him. He is ultimately in charge of turning on our way too loud dishwasher at night before we go to sleep so we don't have to hear the torturous noise as much.
*Who sleeps on the right? If you're looking at the bed, I sleep on the right side...closest to the bathroom as I was pregnant when we moved in. At our apartment, I slept on the left, furthest away from the sliding glass doors.
*Who pays the bills? totally Mike, I have no clue, although I do occasionally enter my receipts into our Quicken program and I buy all the groceries.
*Who mows the lawn? Mike loves that kind of stuff... with our tiny lawn, he bought a push mower which I think makes him feel even more manly.
*Who cooks dinner? Me, but mostly because I'm so particular about my appetite, and I like the idea of cooking for my family. Although when pregnant, I do let Mike cook the occasional burritos or spaghetti because the idea of being in the kitchen makes me feel sick.
*Who drives when you are together? He does and he's a fantastic driver. I noticed that when we had been dating for about 2 months and he offered to drive me home from BYU for Christmas. He's got the driving thing down to a science, I felt very safe.
*Who is more stubborn? I don't know...I pretty much get my way, although I try not to take advantage of that, so I guess we have not seen the extent of stubborn-ness in either of us to judge.
*Who kissed who first? Mike tried to kiss me on our 2nd date, and I dodged him, then went inside and cried about how I probably totally offended him. Justifiably, I was just out of a very serious relationship and was not over it. I didn't even want to be social, let alone date (or kiss!) anyone, but I knew I couldn't crawl under the botany pond bridge and die while all the happy couples were taking engagement pictures, so I let him kiss me after the next date, and never regretted it.
*Who proposed? he did, sort of. I'm old-fashioned that way, but everyone around us was asking us if we were going to get married, and we would just brush it off, so one fine evening, I told him to take it seriously and basically said yes before he even asked. In fact, before he left my apartment he wanted to be clear in our communication, so he asked, "So if I asked you to marry me, what would you say." I told him I would say yes, and he beamed as if he was in awe (not like there wasn't a mile long list of girls who wanted him). After a few months of me asking, "So when are you going to ask me to marry you?" He surprised me with a trip to Sundance ski resort (it was August and beautiful) where he proposed and I said yes, and he said "But you haven't seen the ring yet!" as if that would change my answer.
*Who has more siblings? The same. If you count my brother and sister who were stillborn, I have 3 brothers & 3 sisters, he has 5 brothers and 1 sister
*Who wears the pants? I'll go with Stephanie's answer: I think that we each have one pant-leg.

2 comments:
Hi Jen! That was so fun to read - I miss you guys. That made me get all nestalgic thinking about the BYU days. You guys are the cutest!
I enjoyed reading about you and Mike. I miss you all very much. I started a blog, Chani talked me into it. http://cherielogan.blogspot.com/ You won't find anything new, just the ramblings of an old mother.
Post a Comment