CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Casady Family 2008


A Mom & Dad + 7 kids + 5 Daughters-in-law + 12 grandchildren =
26 Casadys


What a year so far!

The first weekend in January, Mike recieved a call from the Stake Presidency...they wanted to meet with him and asked that he bring me along. Although we tried not to speculate, we had a pretty good guess that a new calling was on the way. Sure enough, all three members of the Stake Presidency were in the room when Mike was asked to serve on the Stake High Council. (I'm just relieved that he wasn't called to be a Bishop!) At our Stake Conference, Mike was sustained and then ordained a High Priest. It was a very memorable day for our family, and I feel blessed to be married to a man who is worthy and willing to serve in any capacity. Mike can't get over the idea of going to High Priest Group with an infant--he takes Lucas while I teach music in primary. (Fortunatly, he was released as a nursery worker and as a counselor in the stake young men's presidency). As a High Counselor, he is over the young single adults and institute program.

Matt Casady, Mike's youngest brother is the 7th and final child in their family to be called to serve a mission. He will labor in the Salt Lake City South mission, and yes, he is excited. As a family, we had an exciting month of February...a temple trip, these impressive family pictures, Matt speaking in sacrament meeting, a farewell party...he reports to the MTC on March 5th and we will miss him, but can't wait to hear news about his experiences.

Mike is super busy these days as he studies for his exam to become a licensed civil engineer. It is a major test and he already feels behind since he majored in mechanical engineering in college, so some of the stuff is very new to him. He is learning a lot and I am impressed by his efforts and work ethic. I know that we are his priority, and he works hard to support our family so that I can stay home and play My Little Ponies all day. (just kidding, some days I do more than that!)
During study breaks, Mike loves to work outside on the yard. The bulbs he planted for me last fall are coming up, and he just planted some climbing vines on trelleses--it looks so pretty!
My sister-in-law talked me into joining a gym with her. I've never been much for exercise, but I'm almost enjoying it. The kids love to go there and play, and I am motivated by my 10 year high school reunion coming up this year. I'm starting to feel stronger and more fit, so hopefully I can fit into my clothes by summertime.
The kids are doing great, we're trying to avoid all the winter illness. I can't wait for a day when I don't have to wipe someone's nose!
So far 2008 is treating us well. Hopefully I can do better with my updates, now that I'm caught up!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a neat picture! Where did you do it? Who took it? That's so exciting about Mike's calling - now he and Jake are both High Priests! Finally another young couple like us! :D Sounds like you guys are doing great. Love you!

Chani said...

It is good to hear everything is going well with you and your family. Give them all our love!

Renee said...

I am glad that Mike at least gets one play buddy in High Priest Group after having to leave nursery! Good to hear that things are going well, and as always, your kids are adorable!

jennifer casady said...

Stephanie, I realized that I didn't answer your questions! The Casady family photos were taken by Liz's sister Sarah Lazane, and we were over by Lyon's park in Apple Valley (yes, where the boys have played the Turkey Bowl game. We were a little ways away from the grass field against the rocky hill. Sarah did a wonderful job and everyone was very impressed.
And if Mike and Jake ever need to attend church together, they can be buddies in High Priest group. Yay!