Are you excited, or what?
Hesperia Stake Events=A Very Big Deal
Laura Ingalls...I mean, Rachael Casady.
This year our Stake sponsored a community event commemorating the pioneers responsible for the settling of San Bernardino County. They were Mormon, after all. It was a 2 day affair, with food and programs, square dancing, games, a nearly full size replica of Fort San Bernardino, and an original play featuring my husband in his acting debut. He played the Stake President (Hopefully no foreshadowing there) whose idea it was to build a fort.
Spencer was not loving it. Mike is sporting western wear because he's extremely good looking and he can get away with it...plus it's for the play.
Rachael is adorable.
Lucas is a champ. He did not dress up for the occasion.
Rachael is in jail. She looks more significantly more miserable at home when we put her in timeout...what's up with that?
BIRTHDAY!!!
I don't look a day past 29, right? Good, because this is THE day I happened to turn 29. I am smiling so big because my husband is actually there to take the picture. This is noteworthy because my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, and Mike is the Bishop of our ward. He spends many hours at church on Sunday. We did get to celebrate the day before, with an inspiring trip to the New Port Beach Temple, and a delicious trip to the Cheesecake Factory where I ate this:
30th ANNIVERSARY CHOCOLATE CAKE CHEESECAKE
Two layers of our Original Cheesecake and Two layers of our Creamy Chocolate Fudge Cake filled with Chocolate Cream and finished with Crunchy Pearls of Chocolate.
(Thanks Catherine, for watching the kids! xoxo)
Me, chatting with my Sis-in-law, Marnie, with 2 of my kids and 1 niece, 3 nephews.
1 nephew, one princess Claire (my niece), My favorite Father-in-law (Dad Casady), and favorite Mother-in-law (Mom Casady).
4 more nephews (Screaming "We want cake!"), and Mike's "Oldest & wisest Brother David."
Reunion
I've had 10 eventful years to recover from High School, and it shows. All those hours in the gym must have been worth it, because I got to get dressed up and cute for a night, instead of just looking like a tired mom. Although, when I cheerfully told a former classmate what I "do"...I'm a mom... She then suggested that I was currently with child, pointing towards my tummy. Hmmm, maybe I should have gone to the gym 5 days a week. No, that would never happen. I have a strong dislike for exercise, and for people who accuse you of being pregnant when you're not (just kidding, I accepted her apology...and made and effort to suck in my stomach the rest of the night).
It was awesome to see these old friends again, and others not pictured. Now, I say old, but not in a mean way! I did notice that my tolerance for loud music when I'm trying to review 10 years of history is very limited nowadays, so maybe that is a sign of my age. I realized that although I've been through a lot since high school, I am still the same person...I still want to be liked, known, admired, remembered...(who doesn't?) but now I'm just a little bit more confident, courageous, and triumphant. Not much, just a little bit.
It wasn't a perfect night, but I'm glad I went. (I ate 2 fancy cupcakes in honor of you, Betsy.) I reminisced by reading my extremely long entry in my friend's yearbook, and I'm afraid I have lost brain cells from childbirth, because I am not sure I could write anything so deep today. I do hope to always have the chance to build relationships with amazing people I have known and loved throughout my life. I suppose that is one reason why I somehow manage to fit blogging into my crazy schedule. (Oh yeah, that and it's much more fun that dusting, scrubbing, or folding laundry. Speaking of which....)

5 comments:
Happy Birthday! (I know it is late, but I hardly remembered that I had one this year. . .) We love you!
Happy birthday! You look beautiful, as always. Your little girl, Rachel, is such a doll too. She takes after her mother. I'm glad you got to go to the reunion. I missed mine last year because my sister-in-law was getting married on the same day.
Wow, I would have socked that girl. I was just about to tell you that you looked really beautiful in that picture (in the red ribbon dress with Mike). I think that you look great. So glad that you had a nice time and a fun bday. I was thinkin of you. :D
I love the pictures! Especially of Rachael - totally adorable!
And thanks for thinking of me while eating cupcakes. You've gotta do what you've gotta do, right?
How fun! We were trying to make it out to the Hesperia event but we couldn't go. I am glad it was a success. I can't believe that girl would make that comment to you. You looked really beautiful. Some people are so rude!
Post a Comment