CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mining For Gold

Every once in a while in the middle of motherhood, I discover a gem such as this moment in time...
As we abandon the Wii games to explore the desert lot in our neighborhood, sticks became tools & a bank of dirt became a mine full of treasure.

We're mining for gold!  Yeah, we're going to be so rich.
Why? 
So we can give money to all the poor people.
Yeah, and buy food to give to the homeless.
We want to be nice people.  And help everyone!
Nicer than our school...they only do a toy drive & food drive for Christmas. 
I mean, what about toys for Thanksgiving & all the other days?

Their imagination & ideas make me smile, but the evidence of their kindness & generosity warm my heart. 
It's truly a pleasure to teach, train & nurture the spirits of these precious little ones, for they are my greatest treasure.  Perhaps I'm doing a pretty good job of it, afterall.

2 comments:

Tori said...

I agree... you are doing a pretty good job =)

Stephanie said...

Super cute new blog template! So professional! I love the treasure hunting thing. I tell you, I wish we just had a pile of dirt in our backyard. The kids would get so much more fun from it than boring ol' grass and rock landscaping.